First Aid Training for Healthcare Providers
This course Offer
First Aid Provider classes have a limited availability and require pre-registration, and pre-payment to guarantee a place in the class.
This course teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives. Students learn duties and responsibilities of first aid rescuers; first aid actions for medical emergencies, including severe choking, heart attack, and stroke; and skills for handling injury and environmental emergencies, including external bleeding, broken bones and sprains, and bites and stings.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers.
- Describe the key steps in first aid.
- Remove protective gloves.
- Find the problem.
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke.
- Use an epinephrine pen.
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries.
- Recognize elements of common illnesses.
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury.
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers.
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
Call now for appointment 407-658-0043