Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
American Heart Association
AHA BLS course Offer:
All American Heart Association BLS – Healthcare Provider classes have a limited availability and require pre-registration, and pre-payment to guarantee a place in the class.
The American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider Course teaches CPR skills for helping victims of all ages (including doing ventilation with a barrier device and a bag-mask device); and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
It is intended for participants who provide healthcare to patients in a wide variety of settings, including in-hospital and out-of-hospital, for certified or non-certified, licensed, or non-licensed healthcare providers.
Excellent training for following audience:
Healthcare providers, such as:
- Emergency medical technicians,
- Respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists,
- Physician’s assistants, residents, or fellows, or
- Medical or nursing students in training, aides, medical or nursing assistants,
- Police officers, and
- other allied health personnel.
What does this course teach?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device.
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
Call now for appointment 407-658-0043